Tuesday, February 9, 2010

11 Weeks Out





I'm starting to feel the panic! 11 weeks out from my competition and worrying about the end result. Will I get lean enough? Will my shoulders have developed more than last time? How's my back? Quads? I have been working really hard in the "off season" to add more muscle. Will it be enough? I'm going up against some pretty tough competition in April. My carbs have been higher up until now, so I'm not feeling as lean as I would like either. This is the story of most figure girls during competition season. My friends and family roll their eyes. They don't understand. In their eyes, I am in amazing shape. Why do I need to lose more? Tone more? "Are you kidding?" I am sure you all get the same feedback, however we are pretty Type A in our sport. Runners too. We are very goal-oriented and perfectionists. Heck, when you put your rear end up on stage in a tiny little bikini and turn to the back, you MUST be a perfectionist! I do know in the end, it will all come together. It always does. This is a very tough sport that requires the highest level of self-control and discipline. Knowing that, I stay true to my diet and workouts. I trust my trainer. I know she will get me to "stage day" perfection.

My favorite workouts right now are ladders. You can do them for your back and chest and of course, legs/butt. If you have access to a cable machine, that is the best way, but of course you can improvise too. Be prepared to work hard and breathe heavy!

I'm beginning to feel the effects of the heavy training. I am more tired and sore these days and that is to be expected with the heavier weights and the high intensity. It is only going to get harder! So...I put my game face on and keep my eye on the prize and focus on the stage. It's all worth it to see the amazing changes that take place in our bodies.

Everyone hang in there. Focus. This is the time. Make the most of your workouts, get massages, eat right and take your supplements. Oh, and thank your loved ones for helping you get through it too. I have a great support system around me, which makes all the difference in the world. Thanks for reading, I love each and every one of you! We really are a Figure Sorority. Rock the Girl Power and Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment