Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Food

Hi Ladies! I get asked A LOT about what I eat. During competition mode, my diet differs than when I am in maintenance mode. Right now I am in the early stages of my competition diet. My competition is about 14 weeks out and I can be "stage ready" in 6 weeks. So...we are focusing on putting more muscle on me. I have a really hard time gaining muscle mass since I was an endurance runner for so many years and also because of my build. I have to work REALLY hard to get my muscle :) This means that right now my calories are about 1800-2000/day and I am higher in carbs (the good kind ladies!) than I will be as the competition gets closer. I have an overall macro nutrient goal for the day that is broken out per meal that I try to hit. I like this method better because it gives me more choice on what I eat. There are different plans out there and honestly it just takes trying different ones to see what your body responds best to. I also phase my carbs out as the day progresses so that by dinner time, my only carbs are from my green veggies.

As far as supplements, I get this a lot too. My supplements are BCAA's, Glutamine and Whey Protein Powder. Again, this is what works for me and not for everyone, so definitely check with your trainer before you copy what I am doing.

Today my cardio consisted of 20 minutes on the stair climber, doing intervals and sweating and building my hiney! I always do cardio following my weight training since I am already in fat-burning mode. My sets today were Back/Bi's/Abs. Lots of pull-ups!!!

Good luck to all of you. Rock the girl power and Go Figure!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment