Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Is there anyone out there that loves track workouts? By the definition of track workouts, I mean hard, all-out, lung-burning pace, repeat after repeat. I don't like them but they are a necessary evil for training for a marathon and/or for blasting fat off in preparation for a figure competition. In my case, that would be both. Since my immediate goal is to qualify for Boston in Jan. 2010, the track workouts are 7x800m repeats that cannot be missed. Today the alarm went off at 4:50 am and there was snow falling. It was dark, cold and wet. Normally to casually run in that is not a big deal, but running a fast clip on the track is slippery when wet & icy. So, I have to take it indoors over lunch. I'm not a fan. I'm either going to have to do the repeats on a treadmill or on a indoor running track that would require 6.5 laps for just one, 800m repeat. I'm pretty sure I would rather someone hammer wood planks under my fingernails. I will let you know which one I decide to do. Either way, I'm not excited. On another note, I got word last night that a wonderful uncle of mine was in ICU for a heart attack. He is in his 60's. One of his arteries was/is 100% blocked. This is a blessing in disguise. Call your dad, uncle, brother, husband and ask them to schedule a check-up with their doctor. You can just never be too sure. Everyone make it a great day and do something active. Even if you just go for a quick stroll in the snow. How beautiful. Rock the Girl Power & Go Figure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment