Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Power in Numbers

Do you work out w/people or alone? I go in phases and it really depends on the day. When I ran distance, I loved having my running friends along with me to pass the time and catch up on our lives. Training in the gym, hitting weights is a little different. Most people want to get in and get out and not stand around and chat. However, I have recently teamed up with a few other friends that are gearing up for an April competition as well. What I am finding is that we push each other harder than when I train alone and we run some crazy cardio too. We each bring new things to the table as far as ways to train or mix up the cardio. I LOVE that! I also cherish the friendship that develops between people with similar goals. We are different, yet the same. Our goal is to be the best we can be! That doesn't suck. How many sedentary people can say they hang out with people that push them as hard as they can? It's really a bummer that more people don't get what we do. Having training partners is not a new concept, however it is a refresher to try new things and venture outside of your comfort zone. Take the headphones off and try it. Have a great day! Rock the Girl Power & Go Figure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment