Monday, November 16, 2009

This morning, when my alarm went off at 4:50 am, I remembered why I do not like training for a winter marathon. Our winter, so far, has been mild in Kansas, but today it has arrived. Dark, cold, sleet and my training schedule says 6 miles. It does not care what the weather is like. Luckily I have my good running friends to meet me and hold me accountable. It's true what they say about training with a friend/friends. You are twice as more likely to get your hiney out of bed on a cold winter morning if you know there are three other people standing (and a dog!) out there waiting for you. It really wasn't too bad though, once we got started. Oh! I came across this timely article today too in regard to the "Runner High". http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32573781/ns/health-fitness/ Ahhhh yes. Many people ask me if there really is one. My answer? Call a buddy, set a time to meet and get out there and see for yourself :) Report back to me on what you find out. Rock the Girl Power & Go Figure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment